Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sitiawan's new Pride and Joy

Its been slowly building hype for the past year.

I remember being amazed when i saw the construction begin back in May 2010. Work was fast paced, quick, and by August, and from what was once a golf driving range, we could now see the outline of what promised to be the biggest developed project in Manjung for the public in years.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, TESCO has finally opened in Manjung, Sitiawan, and apparently its the LARGEST TESCO in Malaysia! So beat that Ipoh TESCO! *my facts may be wrong, so if im wrong, please do let me know below*

If you are a Sitiawanian, obviously you would have already checked out this brand new hotspot by now. This post is for my fellow Sitiawanians all over the world, just to let you know that FINALLY, we can brag about having the best of SOMETHING in Malaysia to our high end KL/SG friends. :P

With news of TESCO opening, as expected, everyone flocked there to check it out. And of course, i went there to kepochi as well :D

I have not seen a crowd like this in Sitiawan ever! I feel so proud... >.<

First impression of TESCO: Wowwwwww~ Of course, i lowered my expectations la at first, but i was admittedly impressed by the planning and forethought given to the shops here.

The insides of TESCO grocery area is well laid out as well. The fish section is kept far from other sections to prevent bad smells, while fresh fruits and vegs are offered with alot of variety and choices. And oh! We have a deli/bakery section! When i got there i saw all the breads were sold out d! *P.S To my malay friends, I never knew u guys loved Kaya Puffs so much. I saw so many Malay families snatching up huge bags of kaya puffs to eat @@*


Entrance to the groceries stuffs... its really spacious~

GASP! POPULAR! A proper bookshop??

CHICKEN RICE SHOP??? OMG!

Roti Boy!! Wahhhh!!!

A new KFC. Posh, and clean and bright. Finally! :)

We have a BIGASS carpark! And more outside! Wooo!!

I know im perhaps overreacting to what many of you may consider as "normal" shops, but i still cant help but feel glad for Sitiawan. If there was any moment in Sitiawan history I would consider pivotal in our development in becoming an important city state, TESCO would be a major part of it (AND also the construction of Marina Island).



All I can say is, The Store, Billion, ECONSAVE, and Giant, you definitely will have alot of your customer base taken away. Better raise your level or be prepared to say bye bye to your $!






*Oh, and congrats to Raymond Su for apparently being the 1000th visitor here! If you're reading this now, you may claim ONE ice kacang from me as a treat by commenting down below. Or else, no treat! :P

5 comments:

WaiY3w said...

my mother is in 1 of ur picture ...hahaaa

Justin YSS said...

REALY? Lol! Which one? :D

Rebecca said...

OMG! Rotiboy! Rotiboy!!!

Justin YSS said...

Hahaha~ different people cheering for different things XD

Ray said...

I want chicken rice from the chicken rice shop. It's not everyday you will get your 1000th visitor, ok? lol

Post a Comment