Friday, December 3, 2010

First Steps

I'm gonna blog!

Again!

I think.

No idea how long this one will last, or how frequent it will be updated.

I cannot remember how many blogs i've opened. I would guess around.. 7-8?

First few were the times i experimented with blogspot. Learnt about HTML. Learnt to place pics. Learnt to adjust formats. At that time, blogspot was not as easy as now.

Creating a new blog, im pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to set up a pleasant looking blow now. Im bombarded with fancy fonts, pretty colors, pretty pictures and layouts.

In the end, i chose white. Arial Font. Plain abstract background. My desire to decorate my blog is not burning yet. Maybe later?

My first few blogs were about... life? In general? Posting pictures, writing down daily happenings. Nothing too fancy or exciting. More like a journal really. Which are what blogs are SUPPOSED to be.

Then i tried to open an anonymous blog. It was fun. I could rant, i could swear, i could target anyone i liked, with no fear of repercussions.

But then it got...boring? Or perhaps lonely. And i ran out of things to rant at. I chose to be a more peaceful guy. THAT blog closed down. Died without anyone knowing it lived.

The last blog i opened was fun. :)

It was a great idea *at least, at the time it did*. Open a blog, share the account with 6 college friends who could provide different content, different pics, different languages.

It started well. Was very lively, very interesting. But then we stopped publishing. Transfers to university kept us busy. No one updated anything anymore. It was such a beautiful blog. But still, it withered..slowly...day by day.

Last update was February 2010. I officially deleted it yesterday before i opened this one.

I feel like i have relationships with Blogspot. They feel like my girlfriends.

You experiment with the first few, you breakup. You get a new one, you're more confident, you play around more, but you break up.

Then you get serious, more dedicated, but due to being too busy or having too much distance, you STILL breakup.

So... I Bloog.

How long will you last?

=)

7 comments:

Catherine Tan said...

welcome to the blogging world :D

Justin YSS said...

Been in and out along time d la.. Haha. But its nice to be back ^^

Christy said...

Cool~

MemeMeRachel said...

One... Year... ??? Plus or minus a few days =)

Asan said...

I will follow u :)

toozgx said...

Finally, 1 banana more in the blogspot scenario of Sitiawan.

Justin YSS said...

I will follow u too asan~~ ^^
Banana powers unite!

Post a Comment