Saturday, February 19, 2011

A not so new Start

I'm finally ending up in Kuala Lumpur.

After 5 years of studying from one place to another, from as far east as Australia to the far west of California, USA, I will finally be embarking on my last study trip in Taylor's Lakeside University Campus on Monday.

I know many of my friend's don't understand what the hell I've been doing in the past 6 years since I've left high school, and I don't blame them. It's been a whirlwind of subjects ranging from Piloting, Graphic Design, Animation, and now lastly, Mass Comm. Yes, money has been spent (some will call it wasted), and yes, I should be a working adult by now. But if I'm not ready, I'm not ready. I know the results of my decisions, and the effect it has on my family, and I don't need any extra "advice" from other people who want to make it their personal life's mission to make me feel miserable and guilty.

I'm excited. Very excited. Truthfully, even more excited than when I was heading to San Jose State University back in 2009. At that time, I was nervous, I was anxious, friendless in an unfamiliar locale that did not feel safe, nor did I have my own transportation or someone close to keep me sane. They say that being alone makes you strong. True, but being alone can also lead to depression. And when you're not able to blend in to a programme with the people you mix with, you're are definitely going to suffer in your performance.

Taylor's.... will be a breath of fresh familiar air. Still the same stress of coping with assignments, but this time, with the familiarity of being with a culture and race I know. It helps also to be above the expected age in school. You know how to approach your lessons and ask for help. In a way, its like being given a chance to go back in time.

Judge me, critique me, whatever. I'm here to finish this, to enjoy myself, to be comfortable once again.

To those who can empathize and understand, thank you very much. See you guys soon.

Good night. ;)

4 comments:

mongbtong said...

all the best in Taylor !!!

Asan said...

All the best and see you in July!

Justin YSS said...

Thanks guys :) See you all soon. ^^

Catherine Tan said...

Welcoming PR practitioner :D

Post a Comment