Saturday, February 12, 2011

Single Awareness Day (SAD)

Every year, around this time, I'm reminded everywhere I turn that it's Valentines Day. Baby Cupids fly around misfiring their arrows at couples that shouldn't be together, people buy overly expensive flowers and chocolates, restaurant's are packed to the brim, and cheesy love songs are played over and over again over the internet.

Personally, I've never had a reason to celebrate Valentines, namely because I've never had a girlfriend in my life. The only time I've remotely embraced the spirit of Valentine's was LAST year when I sent a bouquet of roses to someone in Malaysia despite being overseas. It was apparently very sweet,very charming, mushy, a moment that made me extremely nervous and happy at the same time. I still remember her mum suddenly appearing on her webcam when she received my flowers and said "Eh, i thought you're supposed to send 999 roses? Why only 12?". Unfortunately, things didn't work out the way I hoped in the end. I came back to Malaysia with a lighter wallet, crushed expectations, and still with no significant other.

But in a way, I like Single Awareness Day. It reminds you that you're free to do what you want, that you have the right to fish in the big ocean of women *I dont know if I'll still think this way when I'm 30 though*. It makes being a pervert a normal thing because after all, I'm still looking aren't I?

VDay is also a good chance to MEET new people whom most likely are single as well. Odds are, if you see a pretty girl alone on VDay, it means : (1) their significant other is OVERSEAS, or (2) their single. 50% - 50%. Not too bad right? :)

For this Valentines, I think I'll just contact that girl whom i sent roses to last year, say thank you for still being a great friend, and at the same time, just look around, open my eyes, and hope to spend this day having a great conversation with a girl who is as SAD as me.

Or I could go punch a pillow and wallow in misery or something.


Happy VDay to all you mushy couples and desperate singles!

2 comments:

mongbtong said...

S-A-D rock!!! LOLsss

Justin YSS said...

Haha it does it does! :)

Post a Comment